Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Arcade project status




Well, I've had fun assembling my arcade cabinet, and fortunately my wife hasn't left me yet! She was asleep around nine and I wasn't tired, so I went to work...
I am using a design that is used quite frequently by other arcade enthiusiasts:
This was by far the easiest plans I could find to follow, and it works with my plans of having a 20+ in TV as the monitor. I am going to have to play around with the controls as it is designed to build your own, but i am going to purchase an Xarcade stick for ease.
So far the main project costs have been the plywood, 2 sheets at $14 ea. and the screws - about $20 for a huge box, like 5 lbs. I had some OSB i am using for inside panels, and made some homemade sawhorses out of 2x4's just sitting around. My brother in law loaned me a bunch of tools ( I would really recommend a dewalt to anyone wanting a cordless drill), and made most of the cuts using a crap old circular saw I bought from a yard sale.
More to come!


No comments: